Thursday 8 April 2010

Elliott Smith

The odds were stacked against me liking Elliott Smith...As far as I was aware, he was an 'american acoustic singer/songwriter' who wrote that song in that film.

But I hold my hands up, I was wrong to assume. When I first started properly listening to him I was blown away.....Melody + Boredom + Melancholy...Drake/Buckley/Cobain






For those of you who don't know, he released some great albums: Elliott Smith/Either/or/XO/Figure 8 until his death in 2003

'From a Basement on a Hill' was released in 2004. This was made up of a load of songs he was working on around the time of his death. He didn't have a say in the track selection or song orders etc but nonetheless it is still a great album..............

We are in good spirits. On Saturday we are recording a new song at this place......




Wish us luck xx

No comments:

Post a Comment